|Walhachin was spond in the fruitful mind of a CPR surveyor working out of Ashcroft BC in 1907. His name was Charles E. Barnes. After visiting a ranch just east of Cache Creek and seeing their small but productive apple orchard, he new there was a big market for English Gentlemen Fruit ranchers.
In it's heyday it had over 140 well to do English gentry, including a wealthy Lord. With Stores, Livery stables, bakery and even a Bottling works. The town provided the leisurely life style the gentry had hoped for.
When War was declared in 1914 the little English town sent 97 of it's 107 young men, only a hand full ever returned.
Today Walhachin like so few World War One Veterans, clings to life on this beautiful dry bench land above the Thompson river...
|Ghost Town List...|